Your Hospital Stay
- Flowers and mail sent to the hospital will be delivered daily to your room. Flowers are not permitted in the Intensive Care Unit
- Telephone service is provided in all patient rooms.
- You may make local and toll-free calls free of charge To place a local or toll-free call, dial “9” and then the number.
- Fees will apply for long-distance calls. To place a long-distance call, dial “9” and then “0” to reach the operator, who will explain payment options and costs for your call. Click for more information about TV and phone services at Highland Hospital.
- Television service is provided free of charge in all patient rooms.
- To report any problems with television service, patients can dial “0” to reach the operator.
- Our spiritual care team is here to assist you with your spiritual needs, regardless of your religious affiliation. If you would like a spiritual care team member to visit you during your stay, please tell your nurse or call the hospital operator.
Questions About Your Care
- Non-medical questions or concerns: Patient and Family Relations can help you with any non-medical questions or concerns you may have.
- Advance directives: New York State residents have the right to appoint a health care agent with a health care proxy document and the right to state one's desires concerning life-sustaining treatment with advance directives.
- Infection Prevention: We take precautions with every patient to minimize your risk of exposure to infection.
- Interpreter and Deaf or Hard of Hearing services: If you are Deaf or Hard of Hearing or do not speak English, interpreting services are available to you.
- No Smoking Policy: Highland Hospital is a is a smoke-free environment.
- Preventing medical errors: We will continually check your identity and ask you about your care. In addition, we encourage you to speak up if you have questions about your care.
- Hospital Security: Your personal safety and security are very important to us. Security officers patrol the hospital and campus around the clock. Also, staff are trained to respond to all emergencies.
- Your physicians will work together with the nursing staff and various health specialists to plan for your discharge from the hospital and a continuation of appropriate medical care.
- ATMs: ATMs are conveniently located off the main lobby by the surgical waiting area and next to the cafeteria on Level 1.
- Chapel: To offer you a place for quite reflection or prayer, the hospital chapel is located on the main level next to the intensive care waiting room. This non-denominational chapel is open 24 hours a day. You may also request a visit from the hospital Chaplain. Click for more information about Chaplaincy at Highland Hospital.
- Gift Shop: The Highland Hospital Gift Shop is located off the main lobby and carries a wide variety of gifts, floral arrangements, and items for patients and visitors. The Gift Shop is operated by the Highland Hospital Auxiliary and serves as the main fund raiser for the Auxiliary. All proceeds are donated to Highland Hospital. For deliveries to patient rooms, please call (585) 341-8040.