How You Can Help
Thank you for your interest in helping us as we work to meet the unprecedented challenges COVID-19 presents to our community and health care system. Since the start of the pandemic we’ve received an enormous outpouring of support. We’re extremely grateful for everything that individuals, businesses and other organizations are doing to bolster our response to this crisis. Our needs are rapidly changing, but there are ways you can help today. We are currently welcoming donations of supplies and food, as well as monetary donations.
Make a Gift
- Your gift today will directly support our care providers and the patients they serve. From providing essential medical supplies to constructing emergency care structures to offering critical support for our frontline staff, your gift will be directed to our highest priority needs.]
Support Highland with a COVID-19 Donation
Help Support Our Staff with Homemade Masks
We’re asking for your help in preserving our supply of manufactured masks for frontline health care workers by donating homemade cloth masks. While many generous people throughout our community have already donated homemade masks, there remains a need as we prepare for the anticipated surge of COVID-19 cases in the coming weeks. If you’re interested in lending a hand please review these tips for homemade masks from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and contact Friends of Highland at (585) 341-6759, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Other Supplies
If you would like to donate supplies, please email first – HH_MM@urmc.rochester.edu – so we can coordinate your donation, including delivery. Please do not bring your donation to the hospital without first contacting us. All donations must be approved by the FDA and be in the original, intact packaging. We are currently accepting:
- Unopened, manufacturer-sealed N95 respirator masks
- Procedural masks (ear loop masks)
- Surgical masks
- Nitrile gloves (non-latex)
- New or gently-used safety glasses and goggles
- Manufacturer-sealed hand sanitizer (not homemade)
- Isolation gowns
Please schedule a time to drop off food for our staff by calling Friends of Highland at (585) 341-6759, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. At this time, we are only able to accept food on weekdays:
- Food must be prepared in a restaurant or commercial kitchen. If possible, please wrap food in individual servings (to limit communal eating).
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept homemade food items.
THANK YOU for your generosity and support during this challenging time.
Guidance on Responding to Governor's Email to Licensed Professionals
Recently, licensed professionals received an email from Governor Cuomo requesting temporary help from qualified health professionals if they are available. If you are actively working in our health system, there is no need to reply to that email. If you are licensed and not working, and wish to be considered to temporarily help in a clinical setting, please respond as outlined to that email AND also send an email to HHHumanResources@urmc.rochester.edu. This will help us keep you working in our local communities.