Alumni are welcome to visit the library. Staff will provide assistance in locating materials both in print and electronic format. Alumni may use library resources within the library, or print or photocopy materials using the library's self-service printers and copiers. There is a fee for printing and copying. An Alumni ID is not needed to access resources onsite. To borrow print books for use outside the Library, you will need a UR Alumni ID.
Remote access to electronic resources is restricted, due to publisher contracts, to current University of Rochester faculty, staff, and students with a University of Rochester NetID or URMC Active Directory (AD) account. Alumni may obtain off-campus access to selected resources (mostly humanities journals) through the Alumni Gateway. Access via the Alumni Gateway is managed by Rush Rhees Library on River Campus.
School of Medicine & Dentistry Graduates
School of Medicine & Dentistry Alumni web page
Eastman Institute of Oral Health Alumni web page
Basil G. Bibby, academic dental library, Alumni Resources
How to get a UR Alumni ID for SMD graduates:
- Complete the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry Request for Letter of Verification Form online. Print form is also available at the following locations:
- If using a printed form: fax, scan, mail, email or deliver to:
- Medical School Registrar’s Office
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642
(585) 275-4541 phone
(585) 273-1016 fax
- After you receive verification from the Registrar's Office, take it to the Medical Center ID office, G-7009, (585-273-2000) to have an Alumni ID issued.
- Present your Alumni ID at the Miner Library Answer Desk to be registered in the Library circulation system (Alma) which will allow you to borrow print books from the Miner Library collection. There is no registration fee.
School of Nursing Graduates
School of Nursing Alumni web page
University of Rochester
Larry and Cindy Bloch Alumni and Advancement Center
300 E. River Road, Box 278996
Rochester, NY 14627-8996
1 (800) 333-4428 or (585) 273-5954
School of Medicine & Dentistry Graduate Education Graduates
URMC Graduate Education Alumni web page
Graduate Education & Postdoctoral Affairs
For more information about Alumni benefits, networking and upcoming events, please visit the Alumni Gateway.