905 Culver Road
Rochester, NY 14609
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.−4:30 p.m.
We provide 24-hour telephone coverage for urgent problems. If you have an urgent, non-life-threatening medical problem after regular office hours, please call our office. The answering service will ask for information and have the doctor call you back.
Welcome to the Complex Care Center where adults with complex childhood onset conditions can receive primary medical care and specialty services in one location.
Our primary care team specializes in these conditions:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Spina Bifida
- Metabolic Disorders
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Childhood Cancers
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Multiple functional difficulties (e.g. communication, mobility, chronic pain)
We are a Patient-Centered Medical Home
Patient & Visitor Information
As a patient of the Complex Care Center, you are at the center of a healthcare team comprised of medical care professionals, loved ones and friends. It’s important that we all work together in a positive way with open communication toward our shared goal: restoring and/or maintaining your health and well-being.
To schedule a tour or an appointment, call (585) 276-7900.
- Routine physical exams and health screenings with extended appointment time
- Same-day appointments for urgent problems
- Treatment and management of chronic diseases (e.g. diabetes, high blood pressure, hepatitis C) with extended time for appointments
- Prescribing medication and refills
- Immunizations and flu shots
- Dental exams, cleanings, X-rays, and most dental procedures
- Health home care management
- Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Care Coordination
- Behavioral health services
- Nutrition consultation
- Inpatient (hospital) consultation
- Specialty assessments by occupational, physical, speech, and respiratory therapists
- A lab draw station conveniently located in the building
Accepting New Patients
We see patients by appointment only. You can schedule an appointment by calling during office hours.
We understand that you can't plan when you'll get sick, so we try to keep our appointment times flexible to meet your needs. We will try to schedule a sick appointment on the same day that you call. Sometimes this means you will see someone other than your regular provider, but our team approach to your health care makes it possible for us to work together to meet your scheduling requirements.
Your cooperation in arriving on time for your appointment helps us stay on schedule. We strive to provide each patient with the highest quality care. In the event that our schedule is delayed, please rest assured that you will also get personalized attention during your appointment.
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please call at least 24 hours in advance. That will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- All medical and drug insurance cards
- A list of your current medications (with dosages), including any over-the-counter medications or supplements you have taken in the past six months
- Check to see which prescription refills you may need so we can provide them for you at the time of your visit
- Any forms that need to be completed. For any forms that are faxed or mailed to the office, please allow 3-5 business days for completion
- Your medical summary if you have one. If you do not, please bring the after visit summary (AVS) from your most recent primary care visit