150 North Chestnut Street
Rochester, NY 14604
Monday–Thursday 7:30 a.m.−7 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m.−5 p.m.
Our Adult Outpatient Services offers a variety of mental health services to address the diverse needs of adults age 18 to 65.
These include treatment for:
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Trauma-related disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Bipolar II disorder
- Issues related to grief and loss
At Strong Minds, our multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, registered nurses, clinical therapists, and clinical assistants conduct thorough assessments and provide an array of treatments, including:
- Medication evaluation and management (If a patient is transitioned to another service, medication management will also be transferred.)
- Outpatient psychiatric medication
- Referrals to community agencies
Group Therapy Services
Through group therapy, patients learn how to cope and improve their relationships. Groups meet weekly for one to two hours, depending on the specific group. Prior to starting group therapy, the group members each meet individually with the group therapist, who provides information about the group and what to expect.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Anxiety Management Group assists participants in developing mindfulness of their internal thoughts and feelings. This group is best for individuals who experience a disruptive level of anxiety or worry.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills Group helps individuals with unstable relationships, emotional instability, and impulsive behaviors.
- Depression Management Group is a short-term group that helps break the cycle of inactivity and depression through increasing self-awareness and the utilization of coping skills.
For more information on the types of groups available and meeting times, please contact the Group Therapy Service at (585) 276-4102.
Patients may contact our call center at (585) 273-5050 to schedule a mental health intake appointment or (585) 275-3505 for a medication consultation appointment.
We accept most major insurances and reach out primarily via phone to all new patients prior to their first appointment to discuss insurance coverage. You should also check with your insurance carrier to confirm Behavioral Health facility coverage. Please bring your photo ID and insurance card to your appointment.