Healing through Health, Education, Advocacy, and Law (HEAL) Collaborative
SAFETY ALERT: If you feel you are in a dangerous relationship, consider using a safer computer or call a local hotline or the U.S. National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. There is always a computer trail; however, you can exit quickly
Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
Interpersonal violence is widespread and devastating. People living with violence suffer overwhelming burdens, both seen and unseen, from physical and mental health problems to social, economic and legal difficulties.
If you are experiencing issues related to violence or trauma, you don't have to feel alone. The HEAL Collaborative is here to help. At HEAL, we are able to provide mental health, legal, and social services - in the same place, at the same time - to individuals who are 18 years of age and older to help ensure safety and well-being. It is a collective endeavor of the University of Rochester Medical Center and partnering social service and legal entities in the Rochester community.
What Does HEAL Offer?
- Help with connecting individuals to onsite and local services
- Personalized counseling that is focused on trauma
- Help with creating a custom-tailored plan to keep each person safe
- Assistance with orders of protection
- Help with filing police reports
- Support for everyone who experiences violence and trauma, including men and members of the LGBTQ community
Location and Driving Directions
HEAL Collaborative, URMC, Department of Psychiatry
300 Crittenden Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14642