Mental Health & Gender Wellness
Make Appointments & Get Care
What is Mental Health & Gender Wellness?
We understand that your physical and mental health are closely connected. If you’re struggling emotionally, the UR Medicine Mental Health and Gender Wellness Program is here to help.
Our services focus on treating your mental health needs, such as challenges related to pregnancy, depression or anxiety problems, menopause, relationship conflict, and more.
We treat mental health concerns which people often experience when living with a range of situations and conditions, such as:
- Adjusting to pregnancy and parenthood
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Managing medication, especially while pregnant or breastfeeding
- Miscarriage and pregnancy loss
- Partner violence
- Postpartum depression prevention
- Relationship conflict
- Stress related to trying to conceive
What to Expect from the Mental Health & Gender Wellness
Our team is made up of psychologists, psychiatrists, marriage and family therapists, and mental health counselors who offer counseling, education, and medication consultation. We provide care together with treatments prescribed by your OB/GYN doctor, nurse practitioner, physician’s assistant or midwife. We welcome all patients, including LGBTQ+.
What Sets Us Apart?
We have specialized our services to include:
- Individual, couples, and family counseling: Sessions with counselors who teach you strategies for coping with stress, anxiety, and depression related to women’s health issues.
- Pain management: Comprehensive evaluations, including gynecological specialty care (medical and surgical) and behavioral management of chronic pain.
- Medication consultations: A meeting with a psychiatrist to learn about taking psychiatric medications while trying to conceive, during pregnancy, postpartum, or while breastfeeding.
- Prevention: Educational programs to support pregnant women and prevent postpartum depression.
- Behavioral health care management during pregnancy: Flexible in-person or phone sessions with a mental health therapist who works with you and your OB/GYN clinician to reduce depression or anxiety during pregnancy.
- Women’s Initiative Supporting Health - Transitions Clinic (WISH-TC): The Women's Initiative Supporting Health - Transitions Clinic (WISH-TC) works with women recently released from Monroe County Jail or New York State Prison to help them access needed health services. The program also helps patients in need of medical care to access any needed mental health services including counseling, psychiatric medications, and chemical dependency treatment. Patients are linked directly to these resources at Strong Memorial Hospital.
You don’t have to go far to access our services. Your appointment with us will be right at your usual women’s health office – so your care is easy to get to.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations
Lattimore Medical Center
125 Lattimore Road, West Entrance, Suite 150
Rochester, NY 14620
Highland Hospital Community OB/GYN
909 Culver Road
Rochester, NY 14609
Lattimore Medical Center
125 Lattimore Road, East Entrance, Suite 200
Rochester, NY 14260