Medicine in Psychiatry Service (MIPS)
Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
The Medicine in Psychiatry Services (MIPS) is a specialized UR Medicine patient-centered medical home delivering primary/preventive care to adults ages 18 and older who suffer from mental illnesses. We collaborate with psychiatric practitioners to deliver comprehensive care. We pride ourselves in being a safe space for all categories of people seeking care at MIPS.
Our primary care office provides the following services and benefits to all our patients.
- Preventive care; Annual physical exams, health screenings, and sick visits.
- Treatment and management of chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol.
- Same-day appointments
- After-hours services to speak to a MIPS provider.
- Nursing triage line during office hours to help with refills and other requests.
- Immunizations including flu and COVID vaccines.
- Onsite lab draw services and pharmacy services.
- On-line availability to your medical record through MyChart.
- Self-scheduling follow-up appointments through MyChart. (Coming soon)
- Women's Initiative Supporting Health (WISH)
Our team of physicians, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses work together to provide care and treatment to promote health and wellness.
You can schedule an appointment by calling (585) 279-4999 during office hours. We do offer same-day appointments for those who need this service. Your cooperation in arriving on time for your appointment helps us stay on schedule. We strive to provide each patient with the highest quality patient-centered care. In the event that our schedule is delayed, please rest assured that you will also get personalized attention during your appointment.
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please call at least 24 hours in advance. That will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
First Time Patients
- Please arrive 15 minutes early from your scheduled appointment to allow for registration and paperwork.
- Before your first appointment, call your previous doctor's office and have your records forwarded to our office.
- If your insurance company requires you to notify them when you change doctors, please call them with the name of your new primary care doctor.
What to Bring
- Bring your medical and drug insurance cards.
- A list of your current medications (with dosages) and/or the medication bottles themselves. If you use any health monitoring equipment or any over-the-counter medications or supplements you have taken in the past six months; please bring these in with you to your visit.
- Check to see which prescription refills you may need so we can provide them for you at the time of your visit.
Location and Hours
Medicine in Psychiatry (MIPS)
2613 West Henrietta Road, Suite B
Rochester, NY 14623
Phone: (585) 279-4999
Monday, Thursday, Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday 8 am - 5:00 pm
We are located on a bus line with a stop in front of our building. Free parking and handicap accessible.