Visitation for Patients Admitted to the Hospital:
- Two visitors, ages 12 or older, are allowed at the bedside at a time on inpatient units except in the ICU, where visitors must be 18 or older. Individuals who are sick or believe they may have COVID may not visit.
- Visiting hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Patients with COVID:
- One visitor at a time, with a maximum of two visitors per day.
- When visiting COVID-positive patients, visitors will be given a visitor guideline instructional handout and mask by the door monitor or unit staff member.
- Visitors will be instructed on how to don and doff PPE through educational posters and verbal instruction, if needed.
- All visitors must stop at the Nurses’ Station prior to visiting.
- Visitors are REQUIRED to wear appropriate PPE (e.g., mask, gown, gloves, and eye protection) while in the room.
- Visitors who do not comply with the guideline will be asked to leave the Hospital.
- Visitors must stay in the room during the visit and exit the Hospital after the visit.
Note: All patients’ visitor status will be reviewed as patient’s condition changes.
Emergency Department and Urgent Care
- Only one visitor at a time with the patient, when volume and safety within the department permit. If waiting room is too busy, visitors will be asked to leave.
- If the patient is admitted into the Hospital, but will be in the Emergency Department waiting for a bed, Hospital visitation and exception guidelines will be followed.
- Visitors are not permitted due to space limitations.
- One support person permitted in the Infusion Center.
- Only one visitor may accompany the patient through the surgical process.
- If the patient is admitted after surgery, visitation guidelines will be followed.
When You Visit in the Hospital: Guidelines to Follow
- Wash your hands often. Wash with soap for at least 20 seconds and use sanitizer – ask for some if none is available to you.
- If you currently have COVID symptoms, have had a recent exposure or positive test within the past 10 days, you are NOT permitted to visit.
Note: Visiting hours are subject to change based on CDC and NYSDOH recommendations.