UR Medicine's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. Further commitment by the GME and greater University Community results in a number of available resources for residents, students, and faculty.
The University of Rochester Medical Center is a community that welcomes, encourages, and supports all individuals who desire to contribute to and benefit from the institution’s missions of teaching, research, patient care, performance, and community service.
We are proud of the welcoming and inclusive community we have, and we continue to live by our motto “Meliora” – ever better!
The medical center is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse learning environment for our residents and fellows through a variety of means, including but not limited to:
- Mentoring and networking programs for trainees, including the Association of Minority Resident and Fellows (AMRF), the LGBTQIA Affinity Group, and the Faculty Out & Ally List
- University affinity and support groups (for example, Latino Professional Alliance, Minority Male Leadership Association, SPECTRUM, Sankofa/African American Network, and many more)
- Annual Celebrating Diversity Poster session at the medical center
- Mentoring and networking programs for diverse faculty
- Cultural and educational programs including an annual diversity conference and monthly diversity seminar series
Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Efforts are led by:
UR Office of Faculty Development & Diversity
Vivian Lewis, M.D.
Vice Provost for Faculty Development & Diversity
Deputy to the President
Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology
The URMC Office for Inclusion and Culture Development provides relevant news, a calendar of events, and other educational opportunities and resources.
Interested students can meet with a resident, fellow, or faculty member from any of the following groups or offices after matriculation. This information was put together by our URMC partners in diversity and inclusion including:
- The Association for Minority Residents and Fellows
- LGBTQIA Affinity Group
- Faculty Out & Ally group
- Associate Vice President and Senior Associate Dean for Inclusion and Culture Development
- Assistant Dean for Medical Education Diversity and Inclusion