Our group attends over 625 births a year. Our practice’s total cesarean section rate (which includes women having their first cesarean section as well as women having a repeat cesarean section) has been 12-16% in the last 5 years. Our total cesarean section rate in 2017 was 13%. Nationally, this rate is over 30%. Our practice’s primary cesarean section rate (women having their first cesarean section) has consistently been approximately 8%. The average primary cesarean rate in the U.S. is approximately 21-22%. We are convinced that we accomplish these remarkable and consistent outcomes through providing individualized, supportive, and evidence-based care during pregnancy and through the labor process. It does not put our mothers or babies at risk. Our practice statistics for indicators like Special Care Nursery admissions or low Apgar scores are the same as, or better than, the hospital averages.
Women who wish to attempt a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean section) find good support from our practice. In 2017, 54 women chose to VBAC with us and 39 of these ladies were successful (72%).
Some additional statistics about our group that you might be interested in:
- Primary cesarean rate of 8%
- Episiotomy rate is less than <1%
- Epidural rate is approximately 39%
- Infants with 5 minute apgar score of less than 7 rate ranges 0.3 to 2%
- Preterm birth rate ranges from 2-4%
- Low birth weight babies (less than 5.5lbs) rate is less than 5%
- Induction rate on average is approximately 16-20%