Phlebotomy Training Program
Thank you for your interest. Applications are currently closed. Details for reopening will be provided at a later date.
UR Medicine Labs is pleased to offer a new Phlebotomy Certification Course. This course leads to National Certification as a Phlebotomy Technician with the American Society of Clinical Pathology.**
*The primary purpose for the Phlebotomy Training Program right now is to fill the open phlebotomy positions in our department with qualified candidates.*
About the Course
- This 7-week-long workforce training program is composed of 5 weeks of didactic instruction (10 hrs/week) and 100 hours of clinical training.
- Upon completion, graduates immediately become eligible for employment in our UR Medicine Labs Out Patient Service Centers.
- Full cost of the program = $1200 (payment plans available)
- Includes: Tuition, ASCP Certification fee (certification exam taken within 6 weeks of program completion), and textbooks.
- High School Diploma or GED
- A professional reference
- Willingness to learn
- Good customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Keyboarding skills
- Good manual dexterity
A Welcoming Environment
"The University of Rochester values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. Further, the University complies with all applicable non-discrimination laws in the administration of its policies, admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs and activities."
**Successful completion provides graduates with eligibility for national certification and employment. It is a non-credit workforce training course.