An internationally renowned bioethicist who is building a bold new department at the University of Rochester Medical Center, Ross has been elected to the National Academy of Medicine (NAM), an organization comprised of the best of the best in American health care and academic medicine.
Year-Long Series on Grief
The Paul M. Schyve, MD Center for Bioethics is proud to be partnering with the Department of Health Humanities & Bioethics and the University of Rochester Humanities Center to present a year-long series on grief. Here is the full schedule of events:
- September 19, 2023: Joshua Rashaad McFadden, artist, photographer, director (moderated by Reenah Golden)
- October 2, 2023: Patricia Caicedo, Soprano and Musicologist
- October 18, 2023: Book Discussion on summer reading: Grief Is The Thing With Feathers by Max Porter
- October 25, 2023: Reel Mind movie viewing: Daughters.
- February 8, 2024: Reel Mind movie viewing: Evelyn.
- March 12, 2024: Sussman Lecture featuring Thomas Lynch, Essayist, Poet & Funeral Director
- March 12, 2024: Thomas Lynch poetry reading
- April 16, 2024: Juliet Hooker, PhD: Why Erica Garner Also Couldn’t Breathe: Maternal Grief and Black Politics
For more information on these events, contact us.