My focus has been on marginalized populations, including women and Deaf ASL users. I am working toward expanding my scientific contributions to the literature regarding vulnerable populations, specifically the Deaf ASL user.
• Jason M. Rotoli, M.D. Abdominal Pain in the Post Menopausal Female: Is Ovarian Torsion in the Differential? The Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2016 Aug. PMID: 28238384
• Nathan Garton, MD, Julie Endrizzi, MD, Jason M. Rotoli, MD, Courtney Jones, PhD. Disparities in Emergency Department Management of Patients with Limited English Proficiency. Academic Emergency Medicine. May 2017, Vol. 24, S69.
• Nels Grauman-Neander, MD, Carly Loner, MD, Jason M. Rotoli, MD. Methemoglobinemia in Pregnancy. Annals of Emergency Medicine. Submitted July 2017.
My contributions here are focused on a cultural and linguistic minority: the Deaf ASL user. The chapters provide information from the patient's perspective on health inequities. They also provide a summary of the barriers to care that are experienced by the culturally Deaf patient and recommendations for how to improve provider cultural competency.
• Jason M. Rotoli, MD, Trevor Halle, MD. Diversity And Inclusion In Quality Patient Care - Case Compendium: The Deaf Patient. Springer, 2018. Submitted August 2017.
• Jason M. Rotoli, MD, Paolo Grenga, MD, Trevor Halle, MD, Rachel Nelson, MD, Gloria Wink, BA. Educating Medical Professionals to Deliver Quality Health Care to Diverse Patient Populations: Cultural Competency: The Deaf Patient. Springer, 2018. Submitted August 2017.