Manhattan Square Family Medicine
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
We’re offering COVID vaccine to our primary care patients aged 65+. We are phoning patients in randomized order as limited vaccine becomes available; no need to take any other action. With 100,000+ eligible patients, it will take time to reach everyone. We will be in touch. Learn about vaccine safety and get answers to your questions.
Information for Patients With an Appointment
Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
454 East Broad Street
Rochester, NY 14607
Phone: (585) 276-7640
Fax: (585) 325-4255
There is plenty of free off-street parking adjacent to the building.
Born from a desire to better serve people who live and work in the city of Rochester, our practice’s Family Medicine doctors, all City or Rochester residents, care for patients of all ages.
We are specialists in Family Medicine, and are committed to providing comprehensive, family-centered care that is grounded in compassion.
7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday and Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Rochester Internal Medicine Associates provides 24-hour telephone coverage for emergencies and urgent problems. If you have an emergency/urgent problem after regular office hours, please call the office at (585) 276-7640 and you will be connected to the answering service. The answering service will ask for information about your medical problem, will take your phone number, and have the doctor call you back.
- Complete care for adults, newborns and children
- Same day and acute care (sick visits) available
- Prescription medication and refills
- Mental health care
- Immunizations and flu shots
- Annual physicals
- Well woman care and routine GYN exams (pap smears)
- Contraception and family planning, including IUDs (Mirena, Paraguard), Nexplanon and Depo
- Joint injections, mole removals, wart freezing, sprains/strains management
- We have a lab draw station conveniently located in our building
We see patients by appointment only. You can schedule an appointment by calling during office hours. If you wish more that one child to be seen, please specify this when you call so enough time can be scheduled for each visit.
We understand that you can't plan when you'll get sick, so we try to keep our appointment times flexible to meet your needs. We will try to schedule a sick appointment on the same day that you call.
Your cooperation in arriving on time for your appointment helps us stay on schedule. We strive to provide each patient with the highest quality care. In the event that our schedule is delayed, please rest assured that you will also get personalized attention during your appointment.
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please call at least 24 hours in advance. That will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
First Time Patients
- Please arrive 15 minutes early from your scheduled appointment to allow for registration and paperwork.
- To save time, fill out our new patient forms and bring them with you.
- Before your first appointment, call your previous doctor's office and have your records forwarded to our office.
- If your insurance company requires you to notify them when you change doctors, please call them with the name of your new primary care doctor.
What to Bring
- Your medical and drug insurance cards.
- A list of your current medications (with dosages), including any over-the-counter medications or supplements you have taken in the past six months.
- Check to see which prescription refills you may need so we can provide them for you at the time of your visit.
Please allow 48 hours for all prescription refills. Call your pharmacy and ask them to transmit the refill request to us electronically or fax the refill request to us at (585) 325-4255. The pharmacy will provide us with all the information needed to refill your prescription.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. We admit adult patients to Strong Memorial Hospital and Highland Hospital, an affiliate of UR Medicine. Any child that requires hospitalization is referred to Golisano Children's Hospital.
Manhattan Square Family Medicine is part of Strong Memorial Hospital. Because of that, you may receive two separate bills for your care–one from Strong Memorial Hospital and one from your provider.
That is so because Medicare requires us to file two claims with them each time we see a patient. Medicare Part A covers your visit to this hospital facility, and Medicare Part B covers the professional services of the physician/provider who provides your treatment. Therefore, you may receive two separate bills to satisfy your coinsurance payment and deductible responsibilities.
Co-payments should be made at the time of your visit. You can pay with cash, personal check or credit card, or you can pay your hospital or physician bill online at Online Bill Pay.
If you have questions about your account, please contact Strong Memorial Hospital Patient Accounts at (585) 758-7650, Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
We accept most types of insurance including Excellus Blue Cross-Blue Shield, Preferred Care, Aetna, Medicare, Medicaid as well as others.
Please notify our office if your insurance coverage changes. Bring your insurance card with you to your appointment; we will need the new information printed on your insurance card.
We are committed to providing excellent health care for everyone. Financial hardships should never stop you from getting the medical care you need. We offer financial assistance to individuals who are unable to pay medical bills. If you feel you need help, please call our customer service staff at (585) 758-7650 or out of area toll free 1-888-925-4301.