Your safety is our #1 priority. Here are the steps we are taking to keep you safe during your visit:
- We are limiting access in our buildings and screening everyone (staff and patients) for COVID-19 symptoms at the entrance.
- All doctors, nurses and staff in our clinics are wearing masks, and we’ll also provide a mask to you when you arrive if you don’t have one.
- We also require all of our employees to screen themselves for COVID-19 symptoms daily before they come into work, and we’ll screen you for symptoms the day of your visit.
- We are following meticulous infection control practices, including disinfection, wearing gloves, and hand washing.
- We are limiting the number of visitors accompanying patients, and have rearranged and/or removed furniture in our waiting rooms to enforce strict social distancing practices.
Your provider might have some additional precautions, which the staff will discuss with you in advance.
Expanded Telehealth Services
In an effort to protect patients and staff from potential COVID-19 exposure, UR Medicine/St. James Primary Care, Orthopaedics, Podiatry, and Specialty Care offices are offering telehealth appointments.
Patients of St. James Primary Care, Orthopaedics, Podiatry, and Specialty Care (Oncology, General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Otolaryngology/ENT, Urology) can interact with their provider via phone, computer, tablet, email, or video chat. Patient information is transmitted securely through the UR Medicine portal.