Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Awards
The Satcher Community Health Improvement Award recognizes University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) faculty and staff individuals for significant contributions to the health of the community through research, teaching, practice, and/or service programs.
The awards reflect the shared mission of the Center for Community Health & Prevention and the URMC to develop and expand university-community partnerships that support participatory research and interventions to reduce health inequalities and/or improve the community's health. Awards are made based on work done in the greater Rochester area and Finger Lakes Region.
2018 Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Awards
The 9th Annual Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Awards were held on April 25, 2018, featuring Grand Rounds speaker David Satcher, M.D., Ph.D.
Watch a recording of Dr. Satcher’s talk: “Confronting Mental Health Disparities and Stigma: Challenges and Opportunities” and panel discussion with award winners “Rewards and Challenges of Community-Engaged Research.”
The award recipients for 2018 were:
- Senior faculty award: Silvia Sörensen, Ph.D., associate professor with appointments in the University of Rochester’s Warner School, as well as URMC’s Center for Community Health and Prevention and Department of Psychiatry
- Junior faculty award: Tiffany Pulcino, M.D., M.P.H., is an assistant professor in the departments of Pediatrics and Medicine/Primary Care at the University of Rochester Medical Center
- Staff award: Charles Brown, chemical dependency counselor in the URMC Department of Psychiatry
Read more information about the 2018 Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Award recipients.
2017 Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Awards
The 8th Annual Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Awards were held on April 11, 2017, featuring Grand Rounds speaker Nicole Redmond, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H., of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
Watch a recording of Dr. Redmond's talk: "From Health Disparities to Health Equity: Building Relationships in Healthcare Systems and Communities."
The award recipients for 2017 were:
- Senior faculty award: Robert L. Weisman, D.O., professor of Psychiatry at the University of Rochester School of Medicine, senior medical director of Adult Ambulatory Services and director of Clinical Care at Strong Ties
- Junior faculty award: Rajeev S. Ramchandran, M.D., M.B.A., associate professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Staff award: Catherine A. Bunce, R.N., M.S., CCRC, senior associate - Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases, and program coordinator for the UR HIV Vaccine Trials Network (aka Rochester Victory Alliance)
Read more information about the 2017 Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Award recipients.
Find the latest news and updates on Facebook and Twitter using #SatcherAwards2018