UR Medicine Concussion Care
UR Medicine Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R) and Neurology have joined together to deliver the latest in medical and surgical care to prevent, evaluate, treat and rehabilitate concussions and mild traumatic brain injuries.
If you think you’ve had a concussion call (585) 275-5321. If this is after hours and this is an emergency call 911 or go to UR Medicine Urgent Care.
Common concussion symptoms include:
- Difficulty maintain balance
- Ringing in the ears
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light or noise
- Upset stomach and/or vomiting
- Difficulty sleeping
- Forgetfulness (may ask the same question repeatedly)
- Cognitive disturbances such as memory lapses
- Difficulty retaining new information
Common Emotional Symptoms:
- Changes in behavior or personality
- Slower reaction time
- Difficulty concentrating
- Irritability of difficulty managing anger
- Sadness, crying, depression, or “feeling down”
- Nervousness or anxiety
Get started by learning more about our program and scheduling a consultation by calling (585) 275-5321 today.
Some of the symptoms described above will only last an hour or two and others may last a week or more. If you have a suspected concussion, you should see your doctor or make an appointment with a physician in our UR Medicine Concussion Program for further evaluation as soon as possible.
Our physicians provide care for both recreational and competitive athletes of all ages, as well as for individuals with active jobs who may also suffer athletic-like injuries.