Make Appointments & Get Care
Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM) are highly skilled professionals who have received formal training in primary care and women’s health from a nationally accredited program. Research shows that having midwifery care during pregnancy and labor can lead to:
- Fewer births requiring surgery
- Fewer interventions for mother and baby
- Higher satisfaction rates
UR Medicine's Approach
At the Midwifery Group, our goal is to provide you with compassionate, competent care focused on educating and preventing illness. We want to provide you with options, working to help you make the best decisions for you and your family. As our patient, you can expect to receive individualized care from an educated and professional care provider.
We provide care from early adolescence through pregnancy, menopause, and beyond, including:
Pregnancy and Birth Services
- Preconception counseling
- Prenatal care and health education
- Centering Program, where expecting mothers receive prenatal care in a group setting. This offers time to connect with your provider, learn about pregnancy, and build relationships.
- RAMP (Rochester Adolescent Maternity Program), a specially designated clinic for pregnant teenagers up to age 19.
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean)
- Labor care at Strong Memorial Hospital
- Postpartum care
- Breastfeeding care
- Annual exams
- Cervical cancer screening (Pap testing)
- Breast health exams
- Contraception (all reversible methods including IUDs and arm implants)
- Treatment for gynecological problems (including vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, and breast pain)
- Colposcopy (an exam of the cervix, vagina, and vulva)
- Endometrial biopsy (testing of tissue from the uterus)
- Perimenopause/menopausal care
- Immunizations (including Gardisil and flu shots)
What Sets Us Apart?
All of the midwives at the Midwifery Group are Registered Nurses who hold graduate degrees and are members of the American College of Nurse Midwives.
They’re also faculty members in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department at the University of Rochester. Combined, the group has over 100 years of midwifery experience in primary care, contraception, and gynecology.
At UR Medicine, we believe everyone deserves access to affordable, expert health care and information. We welcome most insurance plans. For patients paying out of pocket, we offer a discounted/sliding fee schedule based on your family size and income. No one will be denied care for medically necessary services because of an inability to pay.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations