Pregnancy & Childbirth
Make Appointments & Get Care
UR Medicine has everything you need to build a healthy, happy family. With outstanding medical care, comfortable accommodations, and compassionate staff, you'll be in expert hands throughout pregnancy, birth, and beyond.
Our multiple maternity sites are renowned for combining expert medical attention with helpful amenities and nurturing caregivers:
- Strong Memorial Hospital offers everything from prenatal classes to expertise in high-risk and complex pregnancies, with options for midwifery, breastfeeding, lactation services, and more.
- Highland Hospital providers offer the full spectrum of maternity care, including OB/GYN, family medicine, and midwifery.
- The Birthing Center at F.F. Thompson Hospital is devoted to a flexible, family-centered maternity care program.
- The Birthing Center at Noyes Memorial Hospital includes doctors in obstetrics/gynecology and also family practice, certified nurse midwives, pediatricians, and dedicated nurses.
- The Dr. F. Clifton Miller Birthing Centerat Jones Memorial Hospital offers a family-centered birth experience in a state-of-the-art setting.
UR Medicine's Approach
A healthy, uneventful pregnancy and birth is our goal for every patient. However, if complications arise, UR Medicine's leading Maternal-Fetal team is prepared to see you and your baby through it.
Our collaborative healthcare model ensures that you are being seen by the top experts and technicians in the fields of maternal-fetal medicine, genetics, ultrasound, and lactation.
UR Medicine's doctors, midwives, and nurses are ready to respond to every development. They have the medical expertise to make certain you and your baby are safe. If your baby needs extra care after birth, we will seamlessly transfer your care to our nationally ranked NICU at Golisano Children's Hospital.
UR Medicine offers the following during pregnancy:
- Prenatal care and exams
- Childbirth classes
- Breastfeeding classes
- Virtual tours of birthing centers
- Specialized care for high-risk pregnancies
UR Medicine offers the following support for childbirth:
- Breastfeeding and lactation consultants
- Baby's screening tests after birth
- Newborn classes
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs)
- Specialized care
What Sets Us Apart?
UR Medicine is prepared for every aspect of your pregnancy and birthing experience.
Our Obstetrics and Gynecology Division is ranked among the top 25 in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Our providers are board-certified experts in complex family-planning care. We have all the providers, facilities, and expertise to guide you through any prenatal or post-natal needs.
Our OB/GYN MFM ultrasound unit is certified by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine to perform Level II ultrasounds, a more in-depth evaluation that is sometimes needed.
Our experienced Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, and state-of-the-art technology such as 3D/4D capabilities, help track your developing baby effectively and accurately.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations
Patient Education & Support
Related Services & Conditions
- Breastfeeding & Lactation
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Reproductive Genetics Counseling
- Pregnancy Complications
- Birth Defects
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Family Planning & Birth Control
- Pregnancy Termination
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Posterior Urethral Valves in Fetuses
- Fetal Congenital Heart Disease
- Fetal Lung Masses (CPAM and BPS)
- Fetal Nerve, Spine, and Brain Conditions
- Fetal Urinary Tract Dilation (Pyelectasis)
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Emergency Imaging
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Twin Pregnancy