What are Neurological Disorders?
Neurological disorders result from a problem in the brain or nervous system. They number in the hundreds, from common conditions such as stroke and epilepsy to rare ones such as ataxia.
Hundreds of millions of people experience neurological problems. Causes are just as wide-ranging as the types of conditions, from infection to physical injury.
UR Medicine's Treatments for Neurological Disorders
We bring together physicians, fellows, residents, and nurse practitioners to treat patients as a team. And we have specialists in neurosurgery, neuroradiology, pediatrics, and physical rehabilitation to call in when needed.
Our expertise covers a wide range of areas and programs:
- Balance Disorders and Dizziness
- Batten Disease (treated at the URMC Batten Disease Center of Excellence)
- Child Neurology
- Clínica de Neurología en español
- Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology (treated at the Strong Epilepsy Center)
- General Neurology
- Headache Disorders (treated at the URMC Headache Center)
- Hereditary Ataxia
- Highland Neurology
- Memory Care
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Neuropalliative Care
- Sleep Center
- Southern Tier Neuromedicine
- Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disorders (treated at the UR Medicine Comprehensive Stroke Center)
- Women's Center for Neurological Care
What Sets Us Apart?
Our Neurology Department has consistently ranked among the top departments in the country in research funding from the National Institutes of Health.
Innovations include the region’s only mobile stroke unit, which saves lives by saving the amount of time it takes to deliver treatment in cases of stroke, where every second counts.
Our providers are leaders in research, keeping them up-to-date with the latest advancements and ideas in neurological care.
Our care team is here for you. Find a UR Medicine expert and get care now.View Providers
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations