Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology
UR Medicine Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology focuses on the nervous system, including the brain and spine. As experienced experts, we can offer the full scope of diagnoses and treatments within the subspecialty of neuroradiology.
UR Medicine's Approach
Neuroradiology operates three MR scanners, five CT scanners, and a biplane neuroangiography room. In addition, multiple rooms are used for spine diagnostic and interventional cases.
We perform the following diagnostic and interventional procedures:
- Interventional thrombolysis for ischemic stroke
- Endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms
- Angiograms (X-ray of a blood vessel) to diagnose and treat vascular conditions
- Discograms (X-ray of the discs of the spine) for diagnosing if back pain is coming from the discs
- Myelogram (X-ray of the spine) to determine where your spinal cord or nerves may be damaged by a bone or disc
- Sialogram (X-ray of the salivary gland) to study the structures where the saliva is expelled into the mouth
We treat the following:
- Acute stroke
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Pudendal neuralgia (using image-guided pudendal nerve block)
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) (using MR imaging)
What Sets Us Apart?
UR Medicine's Department of Imaging is at the forefront of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging technologies. Radiology is a medical specialty that has become much more than just X-rays, and the name of our department reflects this evolution. Our faculty are nationally recognized authorities in their respective fields.
We bring together education, research, and clinical expertise within a leading academic health sciences environment. UR Medicine's Department of Imaging is able to provide a variety of radiologic services to meet our patients' needs.
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations
Related Services & Conditions
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Memory Loss
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Nose & Sinus Disorders
- Back & Neck Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Neurological Disorders
- Translational Brain Mapping
- Neuromedicine Pain Management
- Head & Neck Cancers
- Imaging Sciences
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- UR Medicine Spine Center