What is Neurological Rehabilitation?
UR Medicine’s Neurological Rehabilitation program helps people who have been affected by a disease or injury to their neurological system. There are many benefits to neurological rehabilitation, including improving function, reducing symptoms, and improving an individual's quality of life.
UR Medicine's Approach
Some of the conditions we manage include:
- Vascular disorders such as stroke
- Spinal cord disease or injury
- Trauma, such as moderate to severe brain injury
- Spasticity (muscle stiffness)
- Peripheral nerve disease (neuropathy)
- Infections, such as meningitis, encephalitis and brain abscesses
- Structural or neuromuscular disorders
- Functional disorders (headaches, seizures, and dizziness)
- Degenerative disorders, such as Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, amyotrphic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer's disease and Huntington chorea
Our treatment may consist of physical or occupational therapy, medicine prescription, modalities, orthotics/bracing, speech and language therapy, or neuropsychology. We also provide referrals to other departments when needed.
What Sets Us Apart?
Physicians in UR Medicine’s Neurological Rehabilitation program are specialists in rehabilitation of neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord disease/trauma, and brain injury. They’re also part of a greater team consisting of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, neuropsychologists, and others.
With our team-based approach, we work to optimize your physical and cognitive well-being so you can achieve the highest level of independence.
LocationsView All Locations
We serve you in the Rochester metropolitan area and surrounding region.View All Locations