URMC / Cosmetics / Our Services / Nonsurgical Procedures
Nonsurgical Cosmetic Procedures
Call 1-844-453-8762 for an appointment
If you’re interested in cosmetics, but are hesitant to get surgery, non-surgical treatments may be right for you. Nonsurgical cosmetic procedures are often less expensive, require less recovery time and are less permanent than surgical options – but results can last months.
Nonsurgical procedures can help with a variety of cosmetic concerns, including:
- Fine lines, wrinkles and aging skin
- Loss of volume in the face
- Pigment changes on the face and body (brown spots, red spots)
- Benign growths
- Scars, including acne scarring
At UR Medicine, we offer a wide range of nonsurgical treatments. The experts at UR Medicine can help you make the best choice based on your unique needs and goals. Our services include:
- Injectable wrinkle treatments (e.g. Botox, Xeomin, Dysport) – these neuromodulators reduce the appearance of frown lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet with injections of a medication called botulinum toxin. This medication relaxes the muscle under the skin thereby smoothing the skin and reducing wrinkles. There will also be improvement in the skin’s elasticity. Minimal treatment is needed to see results and there is typically no downtime. These effects typically last about 3-4 months.
- Fillers – these can be used to reduce existing fine lines and wrinkles, or prevent future ones. Fillers can also be used to plump parts of the face, such as the lips and cheeks. There are many types of wrinkle-fillers and not all types are right for everyone. Another reason why it is vitally important to visit a medical practice with experts that can help select the appropriate one for you.
- Laser resurfacing procedures – improve the appearance of sun damage, acne scars, age spots and wrinkles.
- Micro-needling with PRP – minimize the appearance of acne scars, pores, discoloration, stretch marks, loose skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Clear + Brilliant – exfoliate the skin to treat acne and reduce pore size.
- Chemical peels – smooth the texture of the skin.
- IPL/BBL (Intense Pulsed Light and Broad Band Light) – reduce the signs of ageing such as sun spots and age spots, as well as improve the appearance of facial veins and rosacea.
Why UR Medicine Cosmetics?
If you’re interested in cosmetic treatments, the most important step is finding a provider you can trust. When you choose a true medical expert for your care, you can be confident that you’re in good hands. Our team of board-certified physicians will provide your service in a comfortable setting where you can be confident that you’ll receive a safe, effective treatment.
The providers at UR Medicine Cosmetics are:
- Highly qualified: With any medical procedure, it’s crucial to choose a highly-trained, experienced provider. Our physicians are board-certified and fellowship-trained.
- Collaborative: We are a joint effort between three specialty departments: Dermatology, Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology (ENT). Our physicians work collaboratively to draw on a diverse set of skills and give patients comprehensive care.
Researchers and educators: Many of our surgeons are teachers and conduct research at the University of Rochester Medical Center, so they are up-to-date on the latest findings and techniques in their field.