2023 Oral Medicine Conference
Oral Medicine – Research, Clinical Application, and Beyond
Eastman Institute for Oral Health, Rochester, NY
April 21, 2023
- Learn about current applications of PBM in oral medicine and dentistry.
- Review principles of safe use of lasers in dentistry and oral medicine.
- Understand the impact of radiotherapy to the head and neck on teeth and how to manage it.
- Be updated about treatment options for oral lichen planus.
- Appreciate the diagnostic process of challenging Oral Medicine cases.
- Increase awareness of oral diseases and oral manifestations for systemic diseases.
- Understand the clinical relevance of hypersensitivity reaction to the oral tissues.
- Learn the basics of targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and how it affects the oral tissues.
- Recognize the impact of chronic oral disease on the patient’s well being.
- Apprehend the value of research in oral medicine to patient’s health care.
- An overview of contemporary oral medicine for the general practitioner with emphasis on practical implications in the dental setting.
- Key topics will include tooth failure and dental caries post radiotherapy, new treatments for oral lichen planus, oral hypersensitivity reaction, basics of targeted therapy and immunotherapy and their oral complications, and the impact of chronic oral diseases on the patient’s well-being.
Likewise, the conference is offering a session on basic laser safety in the dental practice, and updates about the recent advances in photobiomodulation. The course will allow participants to take an exam for Basic Laser Safety.
Sharon Elad, DMD MSc
Professor and Chair, Division of Oral Medicine
Principal Consultant, Hospital Dentistry
Eastman Institute for Oral Health
University of Rochester Medical Center
Meet the Speakers
Michael Brennan, DDS, MHS, FDS RCSEd (OM)
Chairman, Department of Oral Medicine/Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center
Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Eric Stoopler, DMD, FDSRCS, FDSRCPS
Professor, Penn Dental Medicine
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
David Dean, DDS, MSD, DABOM, FDS RCSEd
Director, Oral Medicine
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
Clinical Associate Professor
UW School of Dentistry
Robert A. Convissar, DDS
Diplomate, American Board of Laser Surgery
Director of Laser Dentistry
New York Presbyterian Hospital of Queens
New York, NY
Past Oral Medicine Conferences
Join us as we celebrate the Oral Medicine Department at UR Medical Center.