2020 Oral Medicine Conference
Oral Medicine - Science and Practice in Healthy and Medically Complex Patients
May 15, 2020: Live broadcast from EIOH
Thank you for your interest in the 6th Oral Medicine Conference at Eastman Institute for Oral Health (EIOH). We are excited about the high registration for the conference, and continue to work on an exciting scientific program.
Considering the recent global circumstances, a few changes will take place:
- The conference will be delivered online. Due to the new University of Rochester policy, we are moving to an online platform. This new format will provide new opportunities for us for engagement and learning.
- Please plan to have Internet access during the date of the conference on Fri., May 15, 2020. A link will be sent to the registrants and residents signed in for DEN416 prior to the conference.
We will provide further details as the conference date approaches.
- Increase awareness of oral manifestations for systemic diseases
- Understand the significance of lab tests in the dental practice
- Discuss the considerations in prescribing topical medication for oral diseases
- Ascertain the principles of dental management of cancer patients
- Learn about current approaches to oral manifestations of cancer therapy
An overview of contemporary oral medicine for the general practitioner with emphasize on practical implications in the dental setting. Key topics will include oral manifestation in systemic diseases, common lab tests applicable for dental practice, principles of prescribing topical steroids for the treatment of oral diseases, common non-steroidal interventions for oral diseases, considerations in dental clearance prior to cancer therapy, management of oral complications in cancer patients, and more. The workshop will include presentations, case-based discussions and interactive activities.
Past Oral Medicine Conferences