2020 Oral Medicine Conference
Oral Medicine - Science and Practice in Healthy and Medically Complex Patients
May 15, 2020
Eastman Institute for Oral Health
625 Elmwood Ave.
Rochester, NY 14642
- Increase awareness of oral manifestations for systemic diseases
- Understand the significance of lab tests in the dental practice
- Discuss the considerations in prescribing topical medication for oral diseases
- Ascertain the principles of dental management of cancer patients
- Learn about current approaches to oral manifestations of cancer therapy
An overview of contemporary oral medicine for the general practitioner with emphasize on practical implications in the dental setting. Key topics will include oral manifestation in systemic diseases, common lab tests applicable for dental practice, principles of prescribing topical steroids for the treatment of oral diseases, common non-steroidal interventions for oral diseases, considerations in dental clearance prior to cancer therapy, management of oral complications in cancer patients, and more. The workshop will include presentations, case-based discussions and interactive activities.
Past Oral Medicine Conferences