2023 Oral Medicine Conference
Oral Medicine – Research, Clinical Application, and Beyond
Eastman Institute for Oral Health, Rochester, NY
April 21, 2023
- Review principles of safe use of lasers in dentistry and oral medicine.
- Understand the impact of radiotherapy to the head and neck on teeth and how to manage it.
- Be updated about treatment options for oral lichen planus.
- Appreciate the diagnostic process of challenging Oral Medicine cases.
- Increase awareness of oral diseases and oral manifestations for systemic diseases.
- Understand the clinical relevance of hypersensitivity reaction to the oral tissues.
- Learn the basics of targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and how it affects the oral tissues.
- Recognize the impact of chronic oral disease on the patient’s well being.
- Apprehend the value of research in oral medicine to patient’s health care.
Sharon Elad, DMD MSc
Professor and Chair, Division of Oral Medicine
Principal Consultant, Hospital Dentistry
Eastman Institute for Oral Health
University of Rochester Medical Center
Meet the Speakers
Michael Brennan, DDS, MHS, FDS RCSEd (OM)
Chairman, Department of Oral Medicine/Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center
Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Eric Stoopler, DMD, FDSRCS, FDSRCPS
Professor, Penn Dental Medicine
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
David Dean, DDS, MSD, DABOM, FDS RCSEd
Director, Oral Medicine
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
Clinical Associate Professor
UW School of Dentistry
Robert A. Convissar, DDS
Diplomate, American Board of Laser Surgery
Director of Laser Dentistry
New York Presbyterian Hospital of Queens
New York, NY
Past Oral Medicine Conferences
Join us as we celebrate the Oral Medicine Department at UR Medical Center.