Fellows receive 20 vacation days and 5 meeting days per year.
Additionally, Non-Clinical time is allocated into 26 academic days to assist fellows in meeting the academic requirements of the program. These academic days should be used for educational and scholarly pursuits, including but not limited to:
- Reading and preparation for scheduled didactic seminars and board examinations
- Performing Perioperative Echo examinations and reviewing TEE studies with faculty
- Preparation of presentations to the division, department, or hospital
- Review, selection, and preparation of clinically challenging cases for publication or presentation
- Preparation of presentations or posters for academic meetings
- Scholarship activities structured to support eventual publication