Md. Saiful Alom, M.B.B.S. and Dr. Moore (Program Director) with poster at ASN 2022
Daniel Rechlin, D.O. with poster at ASN 2022
Completion of a scholarly project and a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) project is a requirement of our training program. We encourage our fellows to become actively involved in research, be it basic science or clinical, and foster academic curiosity. Our faculty serve as research mentors for both ongoing projects and new studies designed by our fellows. Trainees are provided elective time for research, and regular research conferences throughout their training to discuss ongoing projects. Below is a list of publications from our recent fellows.
- Md. Saiful Alom, Catherine Moore, and Hae Yoon Grace Choung. “A Case of Histiocytic Glomerulopathy With Features of Thrombotic Microangiopathy With Features of Atypical Sarcoidosis and Lupus Anticoagulant” Poster presentation, ASN Kidney Week 2022.
- Catherine Moore and Daniel Rechlin. “L-Arginine-Induced Non-Anion Gap Metabolic Acidosis in a Patient With MELAS Syndrome.” Poster presentation, ASN Kidney Week 2022.
- Shamsul Hasan. "Renal Sarcoidosis", Poster Presentation, NKF Spring Clinical Meeting 2022.
- Maliha Ahmed, Tanzy Love, Catherine Moore, Thu H Le, Jerome Jean-Gilles, Bruce Goldman, Hae Yoon Grace Choung. “The spectrum of renal diseases with lupus-like features: a single-center study” Ren Fail. 2022 Dec; 44(1):581-593. doi: 10.1080/0886022X.2022.2057862. PMID: 35357272
- Md. Saiful Alom, Rickinder Grewal, Frank C Passero, Bruce Goldman, Hae Yoon Grace Choung. “Light chain deposition disese masquerading as smoking-associated nodular glomerulosclerosis with deposits identified by electron microscopy only.” CEN Case Rep. 2022 Mar 22. doi: 10.1007/s13730-022-00698-y. PMID: 35316527
- Roberts, LL. “Iga nephropathy after receiving the pfizer COVID-19 vaccine: A case report” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology; 32:89-90, 2021.
- TramAnh Phan, Janany Sabescumar, Fahad Saeed. “Factors Contributing to Decisional Conflict in Older Persons facing Dialysis Decision.” Poster Presentation, ASN Kidney Week 2021.
- Elixabeth Sullivan, Rickinder Grewal, TramAnh Phan. “Mannitol Therapy for Choroidal Hemorrhage: A Nephrological Challenge.” Poster presentation, ASN Kidney Week 2019.
- Ajay Thakur, MBBS and Catherine Moore, MD. A twisted fate: A case of PD catheter malfunction due to fallopian tube migration. Poster, the American Society of Nephrology. 2019 - Washington DC.
- TramAnh Phan, Scott Liebman. “A case of hypophosphatemia due to Ferric Carboxymaltose Induced Renal Phosphate Wasting.” Poster presentation, ASN Kidney Week 2017.
- TramAnh Phan, Stacey McGahan, Erika Venniro, Jeremy Taylor, Scott Liebman. “Outcome of kidney transplantation in recipients with cognitive impairment.” Poster presentation, 2017 Spring Clinical Meetings by National Kidney Foundation
- TramAnh Phan, Ricky Grewal, David Levy, Scott Liebman. “A case of Sjogren Syndrome Related Cryoglobulinemic Glomerulonephritis.” Abstract. 2017 American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week.
- Fatima Khalid, MBBS and Catherine Moore MD. IgM Nephropathy- Achievement of Steroid-Free Remission with Rituximab 20 years into Disease Course. Poster, the American Society of Nephrology. Chicago, IL. 2016
- Liebman SE, Moore CA, Monk RD, Rizvi MS*. What Are We Doing? A Survey of United States Nephrology Fellowship Program Directors. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (2016).
- Moore CA, Malabanan MH, Liebman SE, Ziolkowski SL and Wing RE. In-patient Permanent Access is associated with Reduced Catheter Time for Emergent Start Hemodialysis Patients. SM J Nephrol Therap. 2016; 1(1): 1002.
- Susan L Ziolkowski, Michelle H Malabanan, Scott E Liebman. “Proton Pump Inhibitor-Associated C. difficile Infection in a Peritoneal Dialysis Patient.” Perit Dial Int. Sep-Oct 2015; 35(5):586-7. doi: 10.3747/pdi.2014.00057. PMID: 26450478
- Catherine A. Moore, Michelle H. Malabanan, Scott E. Liebman, Susan L. Ziolkowski, and Richard R. Wing. In-patient permanent access is associated with reduced catheter time for emergent start hemodialysis patients. Poster, the American Society of Nephrology, San Diego, CA. 2015
- Scott E. Liebman, MD, MPH, Catherine A. Moore, MD, Rebeca D. Monk, MD, Mahrukh Rizvi, MD. What Are We Doing? A Survey of U.S. Nephrology Fellowship Program Directors. Poster, the American Society of Nephrology, San Diego, CA.
- Shaifali Sandal, Catherine Moore and Matthew Gross. Supra-therapeutic doses of 1-deamino-8-D-arginine vasopressin to treat a severe case of lithium induced nephrogenic diabetes inspidus: back to the basics. Poster, the American Society of Nephrology, Atlanta GA. 2013