Fatima Khalid and Catherine Moore Poster
Bilal Iqbal With Poster
Completion of a scholarly project and a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) project is a requirement of our training program. We encourage our fellows to become actively involved in research, be it basic science or clinical, and foster academic curiosity. Our faculty serve as research mentors for both ongoing projects and new studies designed by our fellows. Trainees are provided elective time for research, and regular research conferences throughout their training to discuss ongoing projects. Below is a list of publications from our recent fellows.
- Sandal S, Singh J, Liebman SE. Prospective Analysis of After-Hour pages to Nephrology Fellows. Am J Kidney Dis. 2014 Jul;64(1):158-9. doi: 10.1053/j.ajkd.2014.04.009. Epub 2014 May 3
- Sandal S, Moore C, Gross M. Supra-therapeutic doses of 1-deamino-8-D-arginine vasopressin to treat a severe case of lithium induced nephrogenic diabetes inspidus: back to the basics. ASN Poster Presentation, Nov 2013, Atlanta, GA.
- Kangwanpornsiri A, Malabanan M, Liebman S, Monk R. Should grandma start dialysis? Hemodialysis outcomes in community dwelling older adults. NKF poster presentation, May 2012, Washington, DC.
- Moore C, Bodell M, Zand, M. Pregnancy in the Transplant Patient. Peri- facts on line journal, 2012 (Review).
- Sandesh Parajuli,MBBS; Jacob Moalem,MD, Scott Liebman, MD, Byron Slaton, MD, Rebeca Monk,MD. Introduction of a protocol for management of Hungry Bone Syndrome (HBS) in post-parathyroidectomy (PTX) patients. Abstract American Society of Nephrology Meeting, San Diego, CA, 2012 (CQI)
- Liebman SE, Lamontagne SP, Huang LS, Messing S, Bushinsky DA. Smoking in dialysis patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis of mortality and cardiovascular morbidity. AJKD 2011 Aug;58(2):257-65. Epub 2011 Jun 12
- Agarwal S, Gandhi M, Kashyap R, Liebman S. Spontaneous rupture of a silicone peritoneal dialysis catheter presenting outflow failure and peritonitis. Peritoneal Dialysis Int 2011 Mar-Apr;31(2):204-6. (Case Report)
- Couderc JP, Xia J,McGrath M,Zareba W,Slaton B,Kakulavaram A,Patel A,Gray DA. Increased repolarization heterogeneity is associated with increased mortality in hemodialysis patients, Computing in Cardiology 2011;38:845−848.