Frequently Asked Questions
To address commonly asked questions, we have compiled the following list. If you need more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call (585) 279-4896.
What is your application deadline?
October 15, 2018.
Are there any application requirements other than the ERAS requirements?
- We are seeking candidates who are well qualified and will be the best possible fit for our educational program. We require clinical experience in the U.S. or Canada for all applicants. (Observerships, externships, and research do not meet the clinical experience requirement. Formal electives and clerkships while an enrolled medical student do meet the requirement.)
- Graduation from medical school within the last 5 years, with continued primary care experience during any intervening years, is required.
- International medical school graduate please note – we require ECFMG certification or eligibility to include passing Parts 1 and 2 CS & CK of the USMLE. This is a NRMP requirement for match participation.
- Three letters of recommendation in addition to the MSPE (Dean’s letter). Applicants with previous residency experience should include a letter from the residency program director.
- We are able to support only J1 visas.
How many residency positions are there?
For the 2019 Match there are 12 residency positions. Ten residents have their outpatient practices at our urban site, Highland Family Medicine. Two residents have their practices at our inner city site, Brown Square Community Health Center. All other aspects of the program are the same for the 12 residents.
How many people apply?
For the 2018 Match, we received more than 1500 applications.
When are the interviews?
Starting in October, interviews take place Mondays and Fridays, except those days adjacent to Thanksgiving. The interview period ends in mid-December.
How do I apply for the Global Health, Political Advocacy and Leadership, and/or OB Tracks?
When you schedule your interview, simply indicate you have an interest in any of these tracks. You may change your mind either way later, but this helps us better prepare for your visit. No commitment to any track is necessary until shortly before orientation.
When will I be notified I have been selected for an interview?
All applicants selected to be interviewed will be notified by email.