Why Choose Our Program?
With an emphasis on patient- and family-centered care and teaching, the Internal Medicine program at the University of Rochester combines innovative practices with exceptional bedside clinical teaching.
We believe that the best way to learn medicine is one patient at a time. The individual patient is the focus of all rounds and conferences, which often take place at the patient's bedside—a hallmark of a Rochester residency. We create an environment built on support for learners and unencumbered by hierarchy, emphasizing collegiality rather than competitiveness. We promote and expect the participation of all learners in academically rigorous discussions, and we keep our focus on helping our patients.
Five Keys to Your Success
- Supportive, collegial, and fun learning environment
- Biopsychosocial Model—we never lose sight of the whole patient
- Individualized educational plans to support residents’ evolving career goals
- Bedside learning at clinical rounds and conferences
- Our residents—who genuinely care as much about each others’ learning as they do about their own
Welcome from the Program Director