Internal Medicine Residency Program
Welcome! Thank You For Your Interest in our Program!
We offer four different types of positions:
- Three year Categorical Internal Medicine positions (18 each year)
- Three year Primary Care Internal Medicine positions (4 each year)
- Two year ABIM Research Pathway positions linked to University of Rochester fellowships (2 each year)
- 1 year Preliminary Internal Medicine positions (6 each year)
If you visit Rochester you will find a program that blends:
- academic excellence
- exceptional bedside clinical teaching
- a supportive, collegial, and fun learning environment
- thoughtful innovations designed to meet the changing needs of future internists
- a wonderfully livable, low cost, moderate-sized city brimming with cultural activities and minutes away from a broad range of outdoor activities in New York's Finger Lakes region.
- patient and family-centered care and teaching
- careful collection of clinical data through bedside interview and physical examination
- exploring psychological and social contexts of health and illness
- clinical decisions based on evidence and grounded in high-quality, safe, and cost-effective patient care.
We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, please contact the Residency Program Office at 585-275-2874
Loan Forgiveness Program
Internal Medicine Residents are eligible for up to $150,000 in loan forgiveness when they choose a career in Primary Care at URMC. Learn more about our Loan Forgiveness Program.