See Department of Imaging Sciences Faculty page for a complete list of our faculty.
The University of Rochester Diagnostic Imaging Program is a subspecialized program. The vast majority of faculty are fellowship trained and specialize in one or two subfields of Imaging. The education program follows that structure, with two and four week resident rotations, and a rotating conference schedule.
Radiology Residency Education Directors
The ACGME Diagnostic Radiology Review Committee defines nine radiologic subspecialties, each with an education director. The education director of each subspecialty is responsible for its educational content and curriculum, as well as the evaluation of each resident at the end of the monthly rotation. The conference schedule is also founded upon these nine subspecialties.
Each education director at The University of Rochester exceeds the following ACGME requirements:
- subspecialty certification (CAQ), fellowship training or three years of subspecialty practice;
- membership in a subspecialty society;
- publications and presentations in the subspecialty;
- annual CME credits in the subspecialty; or,
- participation in maintenance of certification with emphasis on the subspecialty area.
Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Devang Butani, MD
Director, Vascular and Interventional Radiology