Please visit the Fellowship and Grant Resources page for information related specifically to writing grants and fellowships.
Request an appointment with our Director of Writing Services and Training Grant Development, Elaine Smolock, for your writing assistance needs.
Services that Elaine provides are available to all SMD PhD and MS graduate students, postbac and summer scholars, and postdoctoral appointees. Elaine is located in MRB G-9631 and can be reached at (585) 276-7436.
*Elaine is available to provide individual writing assistance on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Scientific Writing Fundamentals and Publication
Writing Services offered (Including, but not limited to)
- Meet and greet to learn more about services available
- Book chapter
- Manuscript/publication prep
- Poster composition/other presentations
- Protocol review
- Progress reports
- Qualifying and preliminary exam
- Review article and literature review
- Rotation report
Fellowships and Grants
- Fellowship/grant identification
- Navigating the application process
- Writing the various application parts