Instructions for Completing the Course Waiver Form
NOTE: Transfer credit is not granted with course waiver. Students approved for course waiver are required to earn full credit (minimum of 30 credits for Master’s degree and minimum of 120 credits for the Doctor of Philosophy degree).
- Course must parallel University of Rochester course.
- Course considered for waiver may be either core or elective.
- Course must be completed within 5 years of the date of matriculation.
- A grade of B‐ or higher must be received.
- Complete Course Waiver Form.
- Attach to the Course Waiver Form
- The course description from a catalog.
- The course syllabus.
- A copy of transcript with the course highlighted.
- Meet with the course director to discuss the petition and to obtain initials if request is approved.
- Submit the petition to the Offices for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs. Once received, the Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs will review and make a final decision on the petition.
- The student will receive written notification within one month of the review.