Articles and Books
Search for books, e-books, articles, and other items available through the University of Rochester Libraries. When viewing search results, change options on the left to improve relevance or to expand your search.
- Searching phrases with quotation marks:
- Combining words with AND, OR, and NOT in capital letters:
- ex: Soccer AND concussion
- Substituting * for several variations of the word.
- ex: Child* will search child, children, childhood, etc.
- Searching with a title:
- ex: Harrison’s Principals of Internal Medicine
The e-journals search is a way to find journals that are available electronically at the University of Rochester Libraries.
- To see if a specific journal is available electronically, choose the ‘Title begins with” option from the drop-down menu and enter the beginning of the name of that journal.
- Otherwise, choose the "Title contains" option from the drop-down menu and enter keywords. Results will be publication names containing those words in order, NOT titles of individual articles.
- ex: Psychiatry
- ex: Psychiatry and neuro
- Type a word stem to find all variants
- ex: Biog searches for biography, biographical, biogeochemical
This tab provides access to a variety of content: articles, books, journals, newspapers, dissertations, images, data sources, chemical structures, patents, etc. Each database has its own distinct purpose and content.
- If you know a database by name, type the full name or partial name of it into the search box to find it quickly:
- Web of Science
- Also use the search box to find databases in a subject or content area by entering keywords:
- Systematic Reviews
Use the Library Catalog to find books, journals, dissertations, and more. Both traditional and electronic format materials (many in full text) are included in the Library Catalog.
- To select an alternate search index (author, subject, title) use the dropdown menu.
- Advanced Search enables you to build a more complex search including optional limits and specific fields..
Provides quick access to the content you are looking for on the Miner Library webpage.
- This is a keyword search that will retrieve results from Miner Library webpages.
- You can search by name of journal, article title, help topic, database, subject guide (LibGuide), class offerings, etc.: