Articles and Books
Search for books, e-books, articles, and other items available through the University of Rochester Libraries. When viewing search results, change options on the left to improve relevance or to expand your search.
- Searching phrases with quotation marks:
- Combining words with AND, OR, and NOT in capital letters:
- ex: Soccer AND concussion
- Substituting * for several variations of the word.
- ex: Child* will search child, children, childhood, etc.
- Searching with a title:
- ex: Harrison’s Principals of Internal Medicine
The e-journals search is a way to find the journals, newspapers, and some books that are available electronically at the University of Rochester Libraries.
- To see if a specific journal, newspaper, or book is available electronically, click the ‘Title begins with” radio button and enter the beginning of the name of that journal.
- Otherwise, click the “keywords” radio button and enter keywords. Results will be publication names containing those words, NOT titles or articles or book chapters.
- Use quotation marks to search for phrases
- ex: “opioid abuse treatment”
- Type a word stem to find all variants
- ex: Biog searches for biography, biographical, biogeochemical
Databases provide access to a variety of content: articles, books, journals, newspapers, dissertations, images, data sources, chemical structures, patents, etc. Each database has its own distinct purpose and content.
- If you know a database by name, type the full name or partial name of it into the search box to find it quickly:
- Web of Science
- Also use the search box to find databases in a subject or content area by entering keywords:
- Systematic Reviews
Use the Library Catalog (Voyager) to find books, journals, and more. Both traditional and electronic format materials (many in full text) are included in the Library Catalog (Voyager). Keyword(s) search looks for all words in the search box. Don’t use AND, OR, and NOT in this search.
- To select an alternate search index (author, subject, title) use the dropdown menu.
- Advanced Search enables you to build a more complex search including optional limits.
Provides quick access to the content you are looking for on the Miner Library webpage.
- This is a keyword search that will retrieve results from the Miner page by searching the catalog, LibGuides, and more
- Searching by name of journal article, help topic, database, or class offerings, etc.: