Review each section below for brief suggestions on searching with each library resource tab. Visit the Search Tips guide for more detailed instructions on the new library discovery tool.
Articles and Books
Search for books, e-books, articles, and other items available through the University of Rochester Libraries. When viewing search results, change options on the left to improve relevance or to expand your search.
- Searching phrases with quotation marks:
- Combining words with AND, OR, and NOT in capital letters:
- ex: Soccer AND concussion
- Substituting * for several variations of the word.
- ex: Child* will search child, children, childhood, etc.
- Searching with a title:
- ex: Harrison’s Principals of Internal Medicine
The journals search is a way to find journals that are available electronically at the University of Rochester Libraries.
This tab allows you to search for the title of a database.
- Web of Science
Use the Library Catalog to find books, journals, dissertations, and more. Both traditional and electronic format materials (many in full text) are included in the Library Catalog.
- Advanced Search enables you to build a more complex search including optional limits and specific fields.
Provides quick access to the content you are looking for on the Miner Library webpage.
- This is a keyword search that will retrieve results from Miner Library webpages.
- You can search by name of journal, article title, help topic, database, subject guide (LibGuide), class offerings, etc.