179 Sully's Trail
Pittsford, NY 14534
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.−4:30 p.m.
University Mental Health Practice (UMHP) provides outpatient psychological and psychiatric services for individuals aged 14 and older who require specialized treatments. Our clinicians use current, evidence-based approaches for many complex concerns, including:
- Chronic pain
- Trauma (including complex/developmental trauma)
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Pre-surgical psychiatric evaluations
Our team is made up of psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and nurse practitioners who offer psychological/psychiatric evaluations, psychotherapy, and medication management. We collaborate closely with the medical and/or surgical specialists involved in your treatment. We welcome diverse and LGBTQ+ patients and have clinicians who specialize in addressing their unique needs.
- Cognitive-behavioral and mindfulness-based psychotherapies (CBT, ACT, MBSR, DBT-informed)
- Trauma-focused psychotherapies (CPT, EMDR, TF-CBT)
- Insight-oriented psychotherapy (psychodynamic, psychoanalytic)
- Psychiatric evaluations for surgical clearance
- Psychiatric consultation and medication management
- Psychiatric evaluations for Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
You can schedule an appointment by calling (585) 275-7301 Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. or you can ask your UR Physician to place a referral to our office. We strive to provide each patient with the highest quality patient-centered care. Your cooperation in arriving on time for your appointment helps us stay on schedule.
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please call at least 24 hours in advance. That will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
First Time Patients
- Please arrive 10 minutes early from your scheduled appointment to allow for registration and paperwork.
- Before your first appointment, please complete our new patient questionnaires (sent via MyChart)
- Please bring your medical insurance card.
Billing & Insurance
Co-payments should be made at the time of your visit. You can pay with cash, a personal check, or a credit card. You can also pay ahead of your visit online through MyChart.
You will be billed for any services not covered by your insurance company. You can pay your physician bill online at Online Bill Pay. If you have questions regarding your bill, please call the number listed on the bill, and the staff will be happy to answer your questions.
UR Medicine contracts with most major health insurance carriers. Please call your insurance company and ask if you have access to health care services at UR Medicine locations and what (if any) co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles will be your responsibility.
We are committed to providing excellent health care for everyone. Financial hardships should never stop you from getting the medical care you need. Visit our financial assistance webpage for more information or call (585) 758-7650 / toll-free 1-888-925-4301.