601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642
Fax (585) 227-4526
Kidney Stone Hotline:
(877) 51-STONE or (877) 517-8663
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.−5 p.m.
UR Medicine Urology provides the area's most advanced and comprehensive urologic care for men and women.
- Only urologists who are part of UR Medicine, the region's recognized leader for advanced medical care.
- Only urology group in the area that is actively involved in research to improve the treatment of urologic diseases and conditions.
- One of only a few academic medical centers offering High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) - personalized treatment of prostate cancer.
- The first certified physician in the region to use the Rezum system to treat enlarged prostate (BPH).
- Among the nation's leaders in pioneering and performing minimally invasive prostate surgery.
- Offer the areas only pediatric urologic services.
- Assist our patients in getting involved in clinical trials of the very latest treatments.
Patient & Visitor Information
From the main lobby (1st floor). Take the silver elevators to the 2nd floor and make a right, then another right to UR Medicine Urology.
Forms and Instructions
Will you be visiting us soon as a patient? Below, you will find the forms and instructions you will need.
You will be scheduled to have Pre-Admission Testing (PRAT) at Strong Memorial Hospital. Shortly after we have scheduled your surgery, you will receive a call from us to arrange a date for this testing.
Your PRAT visit will take from 2-3 hours. A nurse practitioner will complete a history and physical for you. At this time, you will have any testing that was requested by our providers, which may include blood work, chest X-ray, EKG or other tests.
You may also meet with staff from anesthesiology if this has been requested by your doctor or if the nurse practitioner feels it is necessary.
Your post-operative information depends on your particular surgery or diagnosis. Your doctor and nurses will review this with you in person.
Our experienced specialists provide the following services to adults.
- Second opinion consultation
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy
- General urology
- Minimally-invasive surgery
- Robot-assisted surgery
- Urologic oncology