Referring a Patient
UR Medicine Internal Referrals
For Physicians on e-RECORD
- To make a referral via eRecord to one of our physicians, simply type ref endo and choose AMB REFERRAL TO ENDOCRINOLOGY. Then choose Endocrinology followed by any location and complete the form as directed.
- To make a referral via eRecord to see one of our Diabetes Educators, simply type ref diab and choose AMB REFERRAL TO DIABETES EDUCATION. Then choose Endocrinology followed by any location and complete the form as directed.
- To make a referral via eRecord to see one of our Nutritionists, simply type ref nut and choose AMBULATORY REFERRAL TO ADULT NUTRITION-DIET COUNSEL. Then choose Endocrinology followed by SMH Endocrinology or CC H Diabetes Health and complete the form as directed.
Download Referral Forms
All New Patient appointments must be scheduled directly with a referring physician office. Endocrine does not accept or schedule any self-referred patients. If a patient calls to schedule a new patient appointment, then the patient will be notified that a referring doctor’s office must call directly.
For Referring Doctor’s Office
- Please call (585) 275-2901 to arrange for a consultation.
- Endocrinology will fax a “New Patient Sheet” to the referring physician’s office.
- Return all requested information via fax to: (585) 273-1288.
- If the referring physician has questions or wishes for an urgent consultation, please let us know and we will notify the physician on call as needed.
- Referrals will be reviewed to make certain that patients are referred to the most appropriate physician in the endocrine practice and that the more urgent patients are seen sooner.
- The Endocrine Clinic will notify both the patient and the referring physician as to the date and time of the consultation within three (3) working days of the initial request.
- Referrals should include:
- Most recent: labs/ ultrasounds/ MRI's/ dexa scans
- Most recent office notes
- Please note if the referral is considered urgent