Cooking for Wellness
Green Tea Cooler with Papaya, Ginger and Lime
This light and refreshing drink is a great alternative to alcoholic beverages. It starts with a base of green and ginger tea, both full of anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. Add a touch of your favorite fruit nectar, such as papaya, mango or guava and a splash of lime juice- perfect for sipping on a hot summer day!
- 8 cups
- 6 green tea bags
- 3 ginger tea bags
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 cups papaya nectar (or other tropical fruit nectar)
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- mint leaves for garnish
- Put the green tea bags in a large heatproof container. Pour in 4 cups of the boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Put the ginger tea bags in a separate heatproof container. Pour in the remaining 2 cups of boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and pour the ginger tea into the green tea.
- Stir in the papaya nectar and lime juice. Add the lime slices and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until well chilled.