This refreshing drink is festive and nutritious! Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants and their flavor pairs wonderfully with hibiscus tea. Add sparkling water, a splash of orange juice and frozen berries for a delicious “mocktail”.
- 9 cups
- 9 lemon-hibiscus tea bags (such as “Lemon Zinger”)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water or sparkling water
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen blueberries
- Pour boiling water over the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags. Pour the tea into a pitcher. Stir in the cold water (or sparkling water) and pomegranate juice.
- Add the orange slices and mint and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until well chilled.
- Add the frozen strawberries and blueberries to individual glasses when serving.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and pomegranate arils.
The Longevity Kitchen Cookbook by Rebecca Katz