These quick, no bake nuggets are the perfect snack to grab when you want a pick me up. Or, they make an easy and fun dessert. You can use any combination of nuts. Try the coconut toasted for a bit of extra crunch. If you are unable to find Key limes, you can substitute equal amounts of regular lime juice and lemon juice.
- About 20 1" bites
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3 key limes, zested and juiced (about 2-3 tsp juice/key lime)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded, toasted (optional)
- Add the almonds and walnuts to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until nuts are finely chopped (but do not pulse too long, you do not want the nuts to turn into a paste).
- Add the dates, lime juice and zest. Pulse until the dates are finely chopped and the mixture starts to clump.
- With a small scoop, spoon out about 1 Tbsp of the mixture. With your hands, shape the mixture into a 1” ball.
- Roll in coconut to coat outside of the bites. Chill until firm.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.