This fresh and colorful summer salad features uncooked “zoodles”. Other suggested add-ins for the salad include bell peppers, toasted pine nuts, wilted spinach or chick peas. Keep in mind that zucchini and summer squash have a high water content and may release moisture after being cut or cooked. You can pat them dry with a paper towel or drain to remove excess moisture before adding to a recipe.
- 2 lbs zucchini, trimmed (can use 1 yellow summer squash and 1 zucchini) *note: 1 lb. of squash yields about 5 cups of "zoodles"
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, quartered, drained
- &1 ½ cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- 2 Tbsp olive oil;
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Secure zucchini in a spiralizer and turn crank to create noodles, about the thickness of linguine. Pat dry with a clean towel; trim noodles to desired length.
In a large bowl, add zucchini noodles, onion, artichokes, tomatoes, olives, basil and oregano. Pour dressing over top and toss well to combine. Garnish with feta cheese, if using.