Prepare a batch of this smoky-sweet mix to have on hand when visitors drop by. Or pack them into handsome jars to give as gifts. Toss on top of salads instead of croutons for extra flavor and crunch. You can also substitute other nuts such as almonds or walnuts.
- 1 ¼ cups
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 Tbsp grated orange rind
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine nuts with maple syrup, orange rind, salt and chipotle until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until aromatic and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven; cool completely. Stir in cranberries.
Note: Store in an airtight container for up to one week.