By combining 5 different colored vegetables in these kebobs, you have a side dish with great visual appeal and nutrition! Each color represents a different group of phytonutrients that provides health benefits. These can be prepared ahead of time and kept chilled until you are ready to grill them. If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water before putting food on them.
- 16 skewers
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 yellow squash, halved and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 zucchini, halved and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered then cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 purple potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup herb-infused basting oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Whisk together the basting oil and vinegar. Set aside.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to a boil. Add the halved purple potatoes and boil for 10 minutes or until fork tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare the other vegetables.
- To prepare kebobs, thread vegetables onto skewer in the following order: tomato, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, yellow squash, yellow bell pepper, zucchini, green bell pepper, red onion and purple potato.
- Lay kebobs in a 9”X13” pan. Brush kebobs with vinaigrette.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Line grill with foil. Place kebobs on foil and brush with remaining vinaigrette. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until vegetables are fork tender.