This hummus variation contains vitamin A and dietary fiber from the added spinach and artichokes. Its vibrant green color brings a festive look to this dish. You can use as a dip or sandwich filling.
- 2 cups
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 4 cups fresh spinach, loosely packed
- ¼ cup tahini (stir well before measuring)
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- Combine chick peas and spinach in food processor and pulse until rough chopped.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper and cumin to the food processor bowl.
- Blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed during the mixing. (Note: You can leave small bits of the spinach leaves in the hummus, or blend until smooth.) If the hummus is too thick, add 1 Tbsp of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl. Stir in chopped artichoke hearts. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, paprika or chopped parsley.