Cooking for Wellness
Winter Fruit Salad
Combine a variety of seasonal fruits to make a nutritious and flavorful salad or light dessert. Suggested fruits include- oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, kiwi, pineapple, mango, grapes, apples or pears. This salad is rich in vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, as well as antioxidants.
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 Cara Cara oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 kiwi, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 ½ tsp walnut oil
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 8 mint leaves, thinly sliced
- In serving bowl, gently combine oranges and kiwi fruit. Sprinkle pomegranate arils over fruit.
- In a small bowl, combine walnut oil, orange juice, honey and lime juice. Whisk the dressing together.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit mixture. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately or chill for 2-3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Top with mint leaves just before serving.