This fresh, refreshing summer salad features uncooked “zoodles”. Keep in mind that zucchini and summer squash have a high water content and may release moisture after being cut or cooked. You can pat them dry with a paper towel or drain before adding to a recipe.
If you prefer cooked “zoodles”, you can quickly blanch them in boiling water, sauté them on the stove top or put in a microwave oven. Top with your favorite marinara sauce, pesto or Parmesan cheese and garnish with tomatoes and olives.
Note: 1 pound of squash yields about 5 cups of “zoodles”
- 1 lb zucchini (about 3 small)
- 1 lb yellow summer squash (about 3 small)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Shave zucchini and yellow squash into thin noodles with spiralizer. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Drizzle oil mixture over vegetable noodles; sprinkle with basil and oregano.
- Toss gently. Serve immediately.