What's all this about soy?
Soyfoods provide essential nutrients that have many health benefits. Soyfoods are great sources of iron, calcium, potassium and protein that help boost the growth and development of children and adolescents. For people interested in a healthy heart diet, soyfoods are a smart option because they are low in saturated fat, cholesterol and calories. Indeed, the FDA supports the incorporation of 25 grams of soy protein each day in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol as a dietary strategy to decrease the risk of heart diseases. Besides protecting against heart diseases, soyfoods also help protect against diabetes and cancer because soyfoods help maintain a healthy weight, which lowers the risk of developing these diseases. Soyfoods are also full of dietary fiber and is helpful with constipation.
Soyfoods are reasonably priced and can be easily incorporated into your daily meals. Check out the simple tips below so you can start enjoying soyfoods today!
- Pour soymilk over the cereal for breakfast in the morning.
- Enjoy a glass of soymilk or soy yogurt smoothie.
- Make soy yogurt and fresh fruit parfaits for snack.
- Snack on soy nuts.
- Sprinkle edamame over a salad for lunch.
- Use soymilk when making cakes or muffins.
- Blend pureed tofu into Guacamole