Vision, Mission, and Core Values
To be a leader in innovative, cutting-edge research of the mechanisms and treatment of human disease, educate and train the next generation of scientists, clinicians, and scholars, and cultivate a culture of inclusion, collaboration and shared commitment to the department’s core missions.
The Department of Pharmacology and Physiology will:
- Advance discovery of the patho-mechanisms and treatment of human disease.
- Educate and train life-long learners to become the next generation of scientists, clinicians, and scholars.
- Provide governance/leadership at the University of Rochester and in national scientific societies.
- Improve health outcomes by translation of fundamental scientific discoveries into effective interventions.
- Foster a diverse, inclusive and collaborative environment that exemplifies the URMC ICARE values.
- Uphold the values of honesty, integrity, transparency and accountability
- Maintain high ethics and moral standards in training, research and leadership
- Promote innovative research that addresses current and evolving health challenges
- Recognize and reward teamwork and synergy in education and research
- Nurture responsible professionalism through a culture of mentorship and role modeling
- Promote sensitivity, responsiveness, commitment to diversity, and social responsibility