Below is a sampling of the major research areas of the department's faculty.
- Big Data systems and infrastructure for efficient analyses of health care utilization and costs
- Cardiovascular risks in childhood cancer survivors
- Causal influence and quasi-experimental designs
- Clinical decision support including shared decision making
- Effects of environmental exposures on neurologic conditions, immune and neurodevelopmental outcomes in children, cardiorespiratory health, and perinatal/reproductive health.
- Maternal, child, and women's health
- Preventive cardiology in the general and deaf populations
- Quality of care and outcomes research in the elderly and for people with mental illness
- Racial, ethnic, and social health disparities