What are Pulmonary Vascular Diseases?
Pulmonary Vascular Diseases are a group of disorders that affect the blood vessels in the lung that commonly cause shortness of breath and decrease exercise tolerance. Depending on the cause, specific treatments are given. We often find that sleep apnea is an important contributor to disability with any of these other problems, and we are usually helpful in getting people to acclimate to CPAP or BiPAP even when they have had trouble previously.
Pulmonary Vascular Diseases
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Heart Failure Preserved Ejection Fraction
- COPD or ILD Pulmonary Hypertension
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension
- Acute Pulmonary Embolus
- Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia